Beginning the process of transferring schools is an exciting time-- youâ€™re embarking on the path towards the future you see for yourself, and that is incredibly empowering. We know that this transition can also seem a little mysterious and intimidating. We are here to assist. Your transfer admission counselors want to help you through this process from start to finish. The transfer application and college search process is a great chance for you to reflect on all that youâ€™ve already accomplished while you prepare to continue your unique academic journey. The step-by-step overview below is intended to help you ensure a successful transfer.
- Be prepared. Itâ€™s important to carefully review our transfer admission requirements, which can vary depending on the program you apply to. Theyâ€™re key to gauging how competitive you are for admission. And keep in mind that you can submit transcripts from your high school and current institution before you submit your transfer application, so we encourage you to start early!
- Understand your transfer credit. Begin by creating a Transferology account at . Transferology will allow you to view which of your credits are likely to transfer to ÁùÌ¨²ÊÍ¼¿â±¦µä, create a transfer plan and see any remaining core coursework for your desired degree program. You can even use Transferology to help plan which courses you want to take at your current school, prior to transferring. We also offer individual transfer application appointments for prospective transfer students. to schedule a virtual appointment.
- Ask for help if you need it! Contact your transfer admission counselor for more information and specific questions. Weâ€™re here to guide you through your transfer, so donâ€™t hesitate to take advantage of our expertise. Each transfer student brings a unique background and educational experience to the table, so we look forward to getting to know you and developing your individualized transfer plan.Ìý
- Start planning. Check out our admission deadlines and build out an application calendar for yourself in order to help you keep track of the application timeline. Remember that we will need to see yourÌýgrades in any prerequisite courses before making a final admission decision!
- Go for it! Once youâ€™re ready, itâ€™s time to fill out that application and submit all the necessary materials! To apply for admission, visit our website and access the . Take care to ensure submission of transcripts from all colleges or universities you have completed courses at as well as a transcript from the high school from which you graduated (or last attended high school for GED earners). Your application will not be complete without each of these transcripts.Ìý
We hope you take these steps and complete the transfer process. It is never too soon to begin preparing to apply. Remember, your transfer admission counselor is eager to help with any questions you might have. Our aim as a transfer admission team is to make your transfer process as transparent as possible. We want to give you as much information as soon in the process as we can so that you can make the best decision for your future. Good luck, and we hope to see you on campus soon!
Office of Admissions